Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Thoughts of a Distorted Mind

This journey we call life endlessly fascinates me. Most curious to me is how we adapt and grow as we move along on our individual paths. It's amazing to me how many lives we live in our considerably short life spans.

Just imagine, for example, how many people you have met in your life. Then imagine how many of those people you really didn't pay much attention to, how many you just simply adored, how many you actually cared for and how many you took the time to know and love. Also imagine how any minuscule tweak in your life could have altered the states of those relationships entirely.

And the funny part, to me, is that the people and the situations that influence us also change throughout time, for no reason, and at any moment our lives can completely flip upside down without anyone so much as batting an eyelash. A person whom you once considered to be your best friend can easily become a stranger and someone you swore to loathe eternally can very easily become a lifetime friend.

But what leads me to all of this is really far more internal. I've been thinking a lot about my life and all the people I have known and loved and hated and how I've changed and grown along along my own path. I guess to summarize my point; a person who met me 5 years ago and a person who met me now would know two similar, but very different people. Isn't that utterly bizarre?

Our priorities and our meaning change just like the seasons. So when I consider my journey and I pinpoint the people that align with each particular phase of my life, I can't help but smile knowing the vast array of people who have come and maybe gone out of my life, but who, no matter how small or insignificant have all permanently left little imprints on the woman I have become.

It's awe-inspiring. Really.

I have also taken note of the fact that I haven't posted a recipe in quite some time. The Boyfriend and I have limited ourselves to mostly barbecuing (his mom bought us a shiny, new grill) or, for my part, concocting new omelettes. I figured I'd share our latest favorite.

Buffalo Chicken Omelette

Ingredients: (serving size: 2)
2 Tablespoons Butter
4 Eggs
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 slices of Cheese (I like Provolone, the Boyfriend prefers Swiss)
1 Small Can Chicken (similar to tuna, but NOT)
1 Small Can Sliced Mushrooms
Mayonnaise (to taste)
Frank's Redhot Sauce (to taste)
Ken's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing (to taste)

You Will Need:
One Small-Medium Size Frying Pan
2 Medium Size Bowl
Whisk
A Fabulous Spatula

1.) In a Medium Size Bowl, whisk together the Eggs, Salt and Pepper.

2.) In the other Medium Size Bowl, combine the Chicken with the Mayonnaise.

3.) Heat one tablespoon butter in the Frying Pan over Medium-Low Heat. (on my stove I heat it to 4 on a scale of 4-6)

4.) Pour a half of the Egg Mixture into the frying pan and place the slice of Cheese on the right half. Let it cook for about 2 minutes, making sure that the top remains a bit eggy.

5.) After the 2 minutes, begin to add the filling ingredients in the following order: the Mayo Chicken, Mushrooms (to preference), Redhot Sauce (to preference), and last, but not least, the Blue Cheese Dressing. (as shown below)

6.) Carefully flip the left side over so it will be on top of the right side. Allow to simmer for about 2 more minutes or until no egg is running out of the edges.

7.) Flip the omelette over and cook the other side for an additional two minutes.

8.) Enjoy! And remember, a messy omelette is a delicious omelette.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

better not be one of those one whom you knwo hate....