Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Have you ever seen The Crow?

It was one of my favorite movies during my angsty teenage years; bested only by Bride of Chucky. I guess lovey dovey movies just weren't up my alley.

But more importantly, one of the most famous lines in the movie is: "It can't rain all the time". I try to keep that in mind while I attempt to survive what feels like a permanent state of precipitation around here; check this out.

Short story: I work in a building that is made entirely of glass. It's torturous, really. When it's beautiful out you are forced to stare through the dim glass at the gorgeous day. When it's gross out all you can do is hear the nasty weather encroach on your work space while the entire office exists in a dim realm of fluorescent light.

Today I heard a girl say, "days like this make me glad I don't have a window at my desk".

And all of this rain makes me long for days like this one:

This picture was taken of me and the Boyfriend at two very dear friend of mine's wedding, in August, in 95+ degree weather, while I was trying to survive one of the worst hangovers of my life.

And I'd still rather be there than here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WEIRD! I was just talking about the crow like a couple weeks ago! And how your car was named shelley from the movie :) Anyways, that was teh worst hangover of life :) (so far)